Mark your calendars—the Hilltop Circus is coming back to town! Pine Hill invites the community to “Circus in Neverland” a high-flying show for all ages!
The Pine Hill seventh and eighth graders juggle and tumble while exploring "Circus in Neverland." The 2020 Hilltop Circus is a family-friendly event open to the community as students tell a story through circus acts. Join us on Friday, February 14 at 7pm
or Saturday, February 15 at 10:30am
. The circus is FREE to attend! Bring a donation to Wilton's Open Cupboard Food Pantry and get a free bag of popcorn!What You’ll See at the Circus
The two classes have spent weeks choosing the skills they want to learn and choreographing a skit to showcase those skills. Through this learning process—and a lot of patience, cooperation, and teamwork—the magic of circus comes alive.
In music class, they have concerts. In academics, they have tests or main lesson books. In sports they have games. Circus allows students to learn choreography, and provides an opportunity showcase coordination, balance, and eye-hand coordination with artistic flair. Even if a child is challenged in any of these areas, there is something for everyone in circus.
This year’s Hilltop Circus features:
- Tumbling and acrobatics, which builds trust in peers and teaches individuals their responsibility to the whole.
- Juggling, where students practice eye-hand coordination, concentration, and delayed gratification.
- Feats of balance on a unicycle, tightwire, rolling globe, and stilts—giving students opportunities to confront and overcome fear as well as to maintain composure in unstable situations.
- Friendly clowns, who offer the performers and the audience the chance to explore human emotions: waves of confusion mixed with cleverness, frustration with joy.
- Aerial acts on trapeze and climbing fabric, where artistry and athleticism mix to produce deep storytelling.
Friday, February 14 at 7:00 pm & Saturday, February 15 at 10:30 amWHERE:
Pine Hill at High Mowing School -- Pine Hill AuditoriumCOST:
Free (free popcorn with canned good donation)