Home to about 300 students in Preschool through Grade 12, High Mowing School is small. Yet it is not our size that matters most, but the principles upon which our school was founded and the mission and values
that inspire and inform our curriculum and our work with students.
- We believe children deserve the fullness of their childhood.
- We believe students’ capacities should be patiently nurtured.
- We believe that each individual child has a unique destiny to fulfill and that as educators we are in service to their intention.
- We believe that human beings hold a special place and commensurate responsibility in the world, and we strive to guide students through the discovery, appreciation, and care for every aspect of being human.
As educators and as parents, we know that today’s children face both a future fraught with uncertainty and the responsibility to address and resolve the challenges created by prior generations. More than knowledge, now widely and easily accessible, it is the uniquely human capacities of integrity, resourcefulness, and resilience which will be their best allies. The programs and activities we offer are intended to nurture these essential capacities. Our students have the opportunity to get to know themselves well and to become discerning and empowered individuals and community members, in ways that are appropriate to each stage of their development.
Our programs will continue to evolve to ever-better equip students with what they need:
On this journey of learning, which we share with our students, we are grateful for and humbled by parents’ trust in our school, which continually inspires and emboldens us to give our very best to each student in our care.
- to seek truth and fulfill their highest potential
- to impart meaningful purpose to their lives
- to contribute courageously to the positive development of the world