Play is the Work of Early Childhood
In Pine Hill’s early childhood classes, children will experience:
- a warm, home-like and rhythmic environment
- uninterrupted, free play both indoors and out in nature
- real-life activities like making bread, washing dishes and serving snack
- rich circle times with verses, songs and movement
- beautiful stories told with simple puppetry and props
- handmade crafts using natural materials
Explore Our Early Childhood Options
Kindergarten (ages 4.5 to 6) - A play-based program that sets a foundation for elementary school. Explore the natural world at the farm and in the forest, and learn through song, puppet stories, artistic activities and preparing snacks together. Half-day and full-day options available.
Nursery (ages 2.75 to 4) - A first school in the beauty and warmth of a Waldorf classroom. Meets Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
Parent and Child (birth to age 3) - Nurturing young children and their caregivers in a warm, homelike environment. Moms, dads, grandparents and caregivers are all welcome.